Building a team can be tricky when you work for yourself, one of the things we do as Entertainers and Event co ordinators is share the love around, when there is a Job that I cannot do due to time constraints, I heartily recommend several of my competitors, and they in turn send work to me, when we have a big decor install or event, we book each other and everyone gets to wear each others T shirt or banner during that event/decorbuild.
This is important for two reasons,
- It’s always good to work with a team even on an adhoc basis, being alone all the time sends some small business people batty.
- What goes around comes around, this is true in life and n business, when we support each other, we all move a step forward, being jealous and guarding your customers can only make the customers anxious and therefore less likely to book you. by sharing the love with your peers, they in turn will share with you.(community is Awsome)
Have a Fab week my friends
Are you Planning a Party at home?
There are so many variables, have you noticed that some people are all calm and collected when it comes to having a party at their place?
This is the sense of security you get with a little planning
let’s look at the basics of planning a home Birthday Party
First, ask yourself five easy questions
- What is it for / what do you want to achieve? (this question will tell you how much effort to put in. and money spent…, A low key backyard bbq is different to a full on pirate party).
- how many people? kids/adult numbers (this will tell you how much space you need and food/person ratio) .
- How long is the party? (this will give you an idea of how to run it).
- Access to toilet facilities (lots of people mean lots of needs, do you have extra toilet paper/hand towels/soap/wipes for accidents and clear instructions if your toilet button needs to be jiggled or bathroom door is tricky to lock etc)
- Music/entertainment (where is it needed? is there power available or do you get a battery powered speaker, how loud, do you want a playlist that goes from one music style to another)
A Few Tips for your party
Handy things to have on hand for the day
Masking tape to write on name tags for kids drink cups or fix something if needed, masking tape is also good for keeping the door unlocked, place tape over the tongue of the door lock and it will stay in.
Marker Pen for writing signs/nametags etc
Bluetac for random signs (eg bathroom) and pin the tail on the donkey type games
Wet wipes/Papertowels strategically placed because lots of people = oopsies
Lighter/Matches for the candles (less people smoke now, make sure you have one)
Candles back up ones(many times candles get forgotten)
Things to your guests may need to know
Local Taxi / Uber contact (perhaps a little tipsy, better safe than sorry
Local Supermarket / Bottle Shop (because sometimes they need a certain thing)
Local 24hr Pharmacy or Heaven forbid, available doctors surgery
If you have any more basic needs for parties. please let me know so we can fill out the list together
Have a FAB week